Monday, July 20, 2009

Deep Thoughts from a Shallow Mind

I have been traveling for a couple months and just got home last week. This has made it difficult to blog. I figured I needed to post something but I have not had time to really latch on to any one thing, research it, and post. So I think I will just post about some thoughts I am having.

Personal Responsibility has really become my catch phrase lately and I have found it to be both a guide and a burden. The guide part is obvious, but the burden part is what I would like to elaborate on.

I have had some issues come up lately both in my professional life and my personal life that have caused me to think long and hard about what to do. The answer was always found when I asked myself, "Is this my responsibility or is it not?". For the issues I felt were my responsibility I forced my self to stand up and take the hit. I also reflected on what I could do to not allow that situation to come up again.

By doing this, I have felt more confident in my decisions and less vulnerable to accusations. I also find myself procrastinating less and jumping onto a task right away. Its my responsibility and I need to get it done quickly, properly, and professionally.

So I ask you............Do you ever self reflect, do you have a mantra, or any other way that you use to motivate yourself to be the best you can be?

No comments: