Thursday, November 5, 2009

NPR blogger poll

I received an email this morning from my cousin about a NPR blogger poll asking for an opinion on whether Fox News is a real news organization. If the email is to be believed the numbers were against Fox News. By the time I went to take a look, Fox News was 86% in favor.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/10/in_white_house_vs_fox_news_war.html


Normally, I would not care about a blog poll, but I am fascinated. Has the power of the internet become so powerful that an email being circulated around by everyday people can change something like this? Do people actually read these emails and act on them? If I am understanding this data correctly, then people do.

It is also fair to assume that the opposition to Fox News also sent out an email and asked people to vote. If that is the case then doesn't that mean the poll starts have some meaning? Not scientifically of course, but meaning none the less.

This is interesting to me and if you have any thoughts on this or think it is insignificant say drop a note.

No comments: