I am back in San Francisco and always gets my political juices flowing. I have not encountered any real liberalism today but I did catch a clip of a liberal radio program that was talking about weed and incredibly complaining about Obama not holding up his end of the liberal deal.
What I am thinking about is Obama bowing to Japan's emperor. What I read was that it is not acceptable for any foreign leader to bow to another foreign leader, even if it is the custom of that nations people. Some may think this is trivial in itself, but when you put all the stuff Obama has done together I see a trend.
- Apologized for American missteps with Muslim people.
- Stopped the miss shield.
- Won't engage in Afghanistan.
- Closing (maybe) Guantanamo.
- Trying terrorists civilly as if they have the same rights as Americans.
- Going after the CIA for following orders, orders that arguably saved lives.
- Agrees with Mexico that weapons dirt bag drug dealers use are coming from America and that it is some how our fault.
- Pushing health care that maybe, but not certainly, 51% of Americans want but 100% will be forced to pay.
- Bought GM and Chrysler then gave them to the Unions who put them out of business in the first place.
- Lied about not increasing taxes for the middle or lower class.
- Lied about transparency.
- Giving money to increase certain businesses sales.
- Increased the time people can be on unemployment.
I was going to link for every point, but am too lazy. Google them!
My point here is that Obama seems to care about what foreign countries think and wants to take away from every day American citizens.
I am not a fool. I know that Obama inherited a mess. I also know that his plan is not going to fix anything in America and I know he is weakening our position in the world.
But here is the tough part that WE, the American Citizens, have to realize. It is our fault more than his. We spend with no regard to how we are going to pay. We look the other way when friends and family make horrible decisions. We spend money like it grows on trees and forget that there is a tab to be paid later.
Only a small percentage of us vote. We complain about everything but do nothing. We as a people always think that someone else will take care of it.
We rely on our government for far too much and then bitch about about how intrusive they are. We live in a place that is below sea level and think that it is some how the governments fault that we are drowning, yet the majority of us didn't make any sort of plan to survive.
We forget that the government is US. We, the people, make up the government. We think that only "those" people can run for government. ANYONE CAN RUN FOR A GOVERNMENT POSITION. It may not be easy but it can be done and if you succeed, well you then become "them".
Become a part of the solution, not a part of the problem. Start small, talk with your friends, then join the PTA, attend town halls and city counsel meetings, write letters. Get educated and just do something!!!