Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nazis, Health Care, Racists and Other Over Used Terms

I am not sure how this started but I have not figured out how Nazism has any relation to what is going on with Obama and his Health Care Plan. Can someone please explain to me how the two relate?

I would also like to know how not wanting Obama's form of health care reform is Racist. Add the immigration issue to that as well.

I really believe we, as a nation, have focused too much on certain words and they are being missused and diluted in meaning. Here are the words I am sick of hearing in the wrong context: Nazi, racist, terrorist, patriot, hero, right wing, and many more I am not thinking of right now.

Definition of Nazism: The ideology and practice of the Nazis, especially the policy of racist nationalism, national expansion, and state control of the economy. Nazism was bad and I have used it to describe Hugo Chavez in Venezuela. I wrote a blog on myspace three or four years ago about him and gave direct corrilations to him and Hitler, many of which have come true. While the state control of the economy could be related I just think it is used too often.

Definition of Racism: The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others and/or Discrimination or prejudice based on raceRacism is not a term that should be thrown around lightly. Just because something done to a person of color does not mean that it is a racist happening. I have even heard black people calling other black people racists simply because they disagree with them. Racism is something that is done simply because of an individual or a groups color. This does not mean that any disagreement between people of different colors is a racist issue. Immigration is also not a racist issue. This is a nation issue where the people who are the worst culprits of illegal immigration are Mexican and second worse would be others from South American countries. We don't hate brown people or people of hispanic decent, we just don't like people from other countries breaking our laws and the integrety of our boarders. We also don't like these dirt bags who take advantage of the people trying to get work by forcing them to carry drugs, pay outragous sums, rape them and hold them hostage for ransom.

Definition of Patriot: One who loves, supports, and defends one's country. I thought the definition would be more specific so I shouldn't really be bothered since I guess it is being used properly, but just because some one is elected to government they are not a patriot. You have to do something for your country to be a patriot and use your position to rape the public. I do not think that people who hurt America are partriots. I just think this is a title to easily handed out.

Definition of Hero: A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life.
This is the definition of hero I want to see used. It can also be defined as someone who is noted for achievement in a specific field but I don't like that. Pat Tillman was a hero, he sacrificed his career, his fortune, and his life for his country. How he died does not matter. He was a HERO.

Right Wing is a broad term and could be used for anyone who believes in conservative views. I am guilty of using Liberal or Dirty Liberal a bit to liberally, yeah I know, so I am just as guilty as the rest of you.

What are some words you are sick of hearing? Do you agree with me on this one?

No comments: